Benefits of Joining Chapter 88
As a chapter member you have access to 88 chapters spread within the United States and overseas. These chapters welcome members with open arms at any time. You have access to Special Forces Brothers and Sisters who were on the ground creating history during Special Forces Operations in Cambodia, China, Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Laos, Korea, Vietnam, Africa, Central and South America and every major conflict that the United States has been in since the late 1940’s.
The family you join when you become a member of the association are the keepers of the Flame of Liberty, Guardians of the Green Beret traditions and dedicated to the principles and ideals of the Special Forces Regiment.
Chapter 88 exists to support the soldiers and families of Headquarters 3/20th Special Forces Group (Airborne) “Green Berets” and serves as the local voice for the Special Forces community; perpetuates Special Forces traditions and brotherhood; advances the public image of Special Forces; promotes the general welfare of the Special Forces community and supports our local charitable organizations.
To accomplish this charter, the chapter raises funds from our patriotic partners within the local community and surrounding counties of the North East Florida area and beyond. With these funds, the chapter assists the “Green Berets” and local charities in time of need with:
- Wounded Warrior Funds
- Memorial Support for our Fallen Heroes
- Financial Grants to Soldiers and Families of the unit in time of catastrophic life changing events
- Welcome home parties for our Green Berets who are constantly deployed throughout the world on sensitive missions
- Scholarship Funds dedicated specifically to local Army JRTC programs in North East Florida area schools
- Support items to local Sheriff’s Departments in Clay, Duval, Nassau and Saint Johns counties to fight HUMAN TRAFFICKING